Table of Contents
M.Tech V/S MBA – What Should You Choose?
M-Tech vs. MBA is a never-ending controversy that has been raging in the minds of the youth for years. This is a common but useful dilemma that every student must face soon after finishing their bachelor’s degree. Both of these courses assist you in trading in two very different areas but therefore, they take you to a job position very high with acknowledging skills and experience.
When M-Tech leads you down a new road to explore the frontiers of engineering, MBA leads you along the path of business and management. Both of these academic options, if correctly chosen, will take you along a path of success. The question of which is better to go for is what toggles in the mind of every student and therefore, we are here to help you through the confusion. This very article is going to be a crisp knowledge about both the courses and the components they carry with them. We extremely hope that this becomes a guide for you to go further with the best decision for yourself.
What does M.Tech and MBA cover separately?
If you want to go up the career ladder nowadays, a post-graduate degree is unquestionably required. Both of these courses are available to you if you have a B-Tech degree. However, depending on your pick, the industry into which you can go changes. Furthermore, here’s a list of a few factors that are covered under both the degrees. This would help you categorise your interest accordingly and make a choice worth your taste. Let us take a look at the factors, shall we?
- Research: Extremely researching area to study considering it is science and science is evolving everyday.
- Development: M.Tech. takes you into a deep level of developing strategies. Development is the main and primary area for the field of information and technology.
- Engineering: Engineering is the area of technology, obviously. After the completion of this course, we receive brand new creamy layer engineers ready to renovate the world.
- Maintenance: Maintaining the development of the society is also an engineer’s part of work and therefore, engineers make human lives very easier and efficient by excellent inventions.
- Academics: The course requires a lot of academic interest and needs a student who is determined and focussed enough to study with minute concentration.
- Societal Building: As stated above, maintaining the society and building the infrastructure comes somewhat under the area of an engineer and hence, it becomes an engrossing area of study for them.
|Top Specializations of M.Tech Program
|M.Tech Civil In Engineering
|M.Tech Mechanical Engineering
|M.Tech Computer Science Engineering
|M.Tech ECE Engineering
- Management: Management turns out to be the primary area of learning for every specialisation in this field. Every MBA student ought to have extremely amazing management skills and therefore, it should lead on with excellent communication as well.
- Marketing: Marketing is one area of expertise for an MBA student and hence, it is known as a very famous one. Sales and Marketing takes you into the real business world and therefore, offers a really versatile way to deal with the corporate world. There is a little bit of marketing skills in every domain of this field.
- Finance: Finance in MBA is one of the most highly paid areas to work in. It plays in the field of accounts and finance and well, it is known to be one successful area that is covered under MBA. It is for sure that students dealing with this course need to have a little friendship with accounts always.
- Consultancy: MBA graduates are known to be great consultants when it comes to market and financial advice. Consultancy is one area that is also minutely covered under this stream and makes it all the more interesting.
- Market Research: Having a deeper sense and judgement about the market should be a very important characteristic of an MBA student. Hence, the course covers market research and understanding market standards as one of its very necessary areas.
- Banking: As we stated earlier, accounting should be your friend if you are studying MBA. Same goes for banking and the concepts it carries. MBA students are also required to cover deeper knowledge about the banking sector as well.
Course Duration and Entrance Exams for M.Tech and MBA
The course duration for both M.Tech and MBA is two years which goes along with four semesters. Moreover, if we talk about the primary exams that one needs to clear in order to get into the course then that is:
- GATE for M.Tech
- CAT for MBA
These are the two national exams that any individual who is willing to pursue any of the courses, has to pass for a good college and degree. Also Read | What Is MTech WILP?
Career Prospects in M.Tech and MBA
Money or compensation is one demandable aspect that leads more students to choose an MBA over an M-Tech. When working in core divisions at reputable companies with an M-Tech degree, however, one can earn a respectable salary.
However, we must still go through the question of what to choose when it comes to the career achievements for one? Let us take a look separately:
- At MBA: With an MBA, students can work for a well-established company or start their own firm using managerial abilities. Not only that, but they can also choose to work for financial or banking organisations. The work area is mostly the private sector for individuals coming out as qualified MBAs. However, they also do have a chance in the public sector as well.
- At M.Tech: A student who wants to pursue M-Tech can also seek a doctorate or a Ph.D. This gives students the opportunity to pursue a career as a teacher or a public/private sector employee. The scope here is very wide too. These graduates also go into the private and public, both the sectors. However, their job is much more qualified to be engineers rather than just professors or lecturers.
Job Opportunities after M.Tech
There are various job options available for graduates who complete their degree in this course. The job profiles may vary depending upon the specialization you are trained into. Let’s take a look at some profiles:
- Government Sector
- Research Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Project Associate
- Project Manager
- IT sector
- Project Coordinator
- Software Developer
Job Opportunities after MBA
Graduates of this programme can choose from a variety of job opportunities. The job profiles may differ based on the specialisation in which you have been trained. Let’s look at a few examples of profiles:
- Banking and Finance
- Investment Banking
- Management Consultant
- Data Analytics
- General Manager
- HR Manager
- Government Sector
Also Read | Work Integrated Learning Program
Coming to a Conclusion
If you’re debating between M-Tech and MBA as a professional option, this book will provide you with a thorough understanding of both. Whether you pursue an M-Tech or an MBA, the goal is to focus on skill development and follow a pattern similar to that of current sectors. The decision you make today will shape your future. So, be wise and consider your options before making a decision! Keep in mind that the university you attend might have a significant impact on the trajectory of your career.
After conducting thorough research, choose the best university or college to attend. Because at the end it is your career and only your choice to make. Thus, being careful but thorough should be your primary objectives while choosing a line that shapes you and your personality. We hope we could give a crux of everything in order to help you through the extreme confusion. Rest is all up to you, we hope you find the best for yourself.
⭐ Is MBA valid in Online Learning?
Yes, Online MBA Courses is a very valid degree through the online mode of learning. It has been approved globally.
⭐ Is M.Tech valid in distance learning?
Unfortunately, M.Tech has not been approved by the AICTE for distance learning which makes it invalid in this mode of education. Instead of that you can pursue an MTech course for working professionals.
⭐ How long is the course duration for M.Tech?
M.Tech. is a two year long program which consists of four semesters.