If you have completed a polytechnic diploma in engineering and have yet to find an ideal job or are unsatisfied with your current job, pursuing a part-time B.Tech degree after polytechnic is an excellent choice. It allows you to deepen your knowledge, enhance your skills, and explore advanced concepts in your field, opening up new career prospects.
Part Time B.Tech After Diploma
B.Tech After diploma is available for those who have completed a polytechnic diploma. Alternatively, enrolling in a part-time B.Tech program offers a flexible course structure, enabling individuals to pursue the degree without leaving their jobs. This program is also suitable for non-working professionals as it provides enough time for skill development alongside studies.
Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth is a highly regarded private university in India that offers the part-time B.Tech course. The university is NAAC accredited and approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Completing the part-time B.Tech course from Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth will help advance your engineering career. Working professionals can expect promotions and salary increases, while diploma holders can secure advanced positions in their respective engineering fields.
Working Professionals Also Search
|BTech WILP||Work Integrated Learning Program|
|BTech for Working Professionals||WILP Engineering College In India|
Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth offers five specialisations for the part-time B.Tech program. This blog provides comprehensive information on the course details, fee structure, eligibility criteria, admission procedure, and more.
Key Highlights for Part-Time B.Tech Course
- The B.Tech lateral entry program has a duration of 3 years (6 semesters).
- It is conducted in a blended format, combining online and offline classes.
- Classes are held on weekends and holidays to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
- Online learning is facilitated through the university’s Learning Management System (LMS), providing 24/7 access to study materials, e-books, text resources, and audio/video lectures.
- Students are regularly assessed through assignments, presentations, quizzes, exams, and other academic activities.
- To support students in their major project work during the final semester, the university offers the guidance of a mentor and supervisor.
- Additionally, the university’s strong industry connections and collaborations provide students with valuable exposure opportunities.
Lingaya’s Approvals & Accreditations
In order to offer a part-time B.Tech program, the university must have the necessary facilities and a robust digital and structural infrastructure. Government regulatory bodies carefully evaluate universities to ensure that only those deemed suitable are authorised to offer such technical programs.
Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth, a renowned private university, is highly regarded for its part-time B.Tech course, particularly among polytechnic graduates. The university holds accreditation from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Fees for Part-Time B.Tech Course
A significant advantage of the part-time B.Tech program is its affordability. While a regular B.Tech program can be quite expensive, the part-time B.Tech program offers a more cost-effective option. Furthermore, since students can continue working while pursuing the course, it adds to the overall affordability.
Here is the detailed fee structure for the part-time B.Tech programs at Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth.
|Course Fees||Per Semester||INR 44,000|
|Registration Fees||One Time||INR 3,500|
|Exam Fees||Per Semester||INR 2,500|
Top Specialisations for Part-Time B.Tech Course
When selecting your B.Tech degree specialisation, it is advisable to consider the specialisation you studied during your polytechnic diploma. It is important to have a background in similar subjects, as this program is a lateral entry program. Starting directly from the second year of the program, having foundational knowledge in the subject is crucial for a comprehensive understanding of the course.
Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth provides a range of following 5 specialisations for the part-time B.Tech program.
Duration & Eligibility for Part-Time B.Tech Course
The part-time B.Tech program at Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth has a total duration of 3 years (6 semesters). It is specifically designed as a B.Tech lateral entry program to enhance the skills and knowledge of polytechnic graduates and working professionals in the field of engineering.
To be eligible for admission to the program, candidates must meet one of the following criteria:
- Polytechnic Diploma in a relevant stream with a minimum of 50% marks.
- 12th standard plus a B.Sc degree in a relevant subject with a minimum of 50% marks.
- 12th standard plus a BCA degree with a minimum of 50% marks (for computer science engineering).
- Working professionals must provide their NOC (No Objection Certificate), Joining Letter, or Experience Letter.
- There is no age limit for applying to this course.
How to Apply for a Part-Time B.Tech Course at Lingaya’s?
The application process for the part-time B.Tech program at Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth is convenient and can be completed entirely online, eliminating the need to visit the campus for admission formalities. Here is a detailed step-by-step procedure for admission to the program:
- Visit the official website of Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth for part-time technical courses.
- Click on the “Enrol Now” button located at the top of the page.
- Register on the university’s website by providing your basic contact details.
- Log in using the credentials you received after registration.
- Complete all sections of the application form, which include personal details, academic information, document uploads, and fee payment.
- Once you have successfully submitted the fee, make sure to print out the acknowledgment form for future reference.
By following these steps, you can easily apply for admission to the part-time B.Tech program at Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth without the need for campus visits.
Career Opportunities after Part-Time B.Tech Course
Completing a B.Tech degree after a polytechnic diploma offers numerous benefits, including skill enhancement, staying updated with technological advancements, and gaining deeper subject knowledge and practical experience. As a result, B.Tech graduates with a polytechnic background have enhanced career prospects. Here are some potential career paths and opportunities for B.Tech graduates who have completed a polytechnic diploma:
- Engineering Positions: B.Tech graduates can secure engineering positions in various industries such as manufacturing, construction, automotive, aerospace, telecommunications, energy, and more.
- Research and Development (R&D): B.Tech graduates can contribute to innovation and technological advancements by working in R&D departments of companies, research laboratories, or government organizations.
- Technical Consultancy: B.Tech graduates can work as technical consultants, offering expert advice and solutions in their specialized areas.
- Project Management: B.Tech graduates can take on project management roles, overseeing engineering projects from start to finish.
- Higher Education and Teaching: B.Tech graduates can pursue higher education and teaching opportunities in universities, colleges, or polytechnic institutes.
- Entrepreneurship and Startups: B.Tech graduates can utilize their technical knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit to start their own ventures or join entrepreneurial teams.
- Government Jobs and Public Sector: B.Tech graduates are eligible for various government and public sector positions in engineering roles.
- Multinational Corporations (MNCs): B.Tech graduates are in high demand by multinational corporations for a range of engineering roles.
These career paths provide opportunities for growth, innovation, leadership, and the application of technical skills acquired through the B.Tech program after a polytechnic diploma.
Jobs & Salary Package
Some of the top job roles in various engineering specialisations are listed in the table below along with their average salary packages. These are just some of the many job roles in the field for your reference:
|Job Role||Average Base Salary|
|Software Engineer||INR 6-10 LPA|
|Data Scientist||INR 9-12 LPA|
|AI & ML Software Engineer||INR 8-12 LPA|
|Senior Civil Engineer||INR 6-10 LPA|
|Civil Design Engineer||INR 4-8 LPA|
|Senior Mechanical Engineer||INR 7-10 LPA|
|Construction Project Engineer||INR 9-12 LPA|
|Senior Electrical Engineer||INR 6-10 LPA|
|Senior Electronics Engineer||INR 5.5-7 LPA|
Pursuing a B.Tech degree after completing a polytechnic diploma in engineering is highly beneficial for staying competitive in the field. To excel and secure senior-level positions, it is crucial to stay updated with the latest technological advancements and possess in-depth knowledge and practical expertise. While a polytechnic diploma provides a strong foundation, a B.Tech degree offers deeper subject knowledge and enhances career prospects in the engineering field. For polytechnic graduates looking to upskill and achieve a successful and fulfilling career, the part-time B.Tech program presents an excellent opportunity. Don’t miss out on this chance to enhance your skills and increase your chances of success in the dynamic field of engineering.
1) Is a part-time B.Tech course valid?
Yes, a part-time B.Tech course is valid as long as you pursue it from a university that is UGC/AICTE approved.
2) Can I get a government job with a part-time B.Tech degree?
Yes, you are eligible for government jobs if you have pursued B.Tech in part-time mode.
3) What is the advantage of part-time B.Tech?
The greatest advantage of a part-time B.Tech course is that you can continue your job while studying the course. Additionally, the course is affordable, offers great exposure and networking opportunities, better and more employment options, and higher education opportunities.
4) Can I complete a part-time B.Tech in 2 years?
No, you can not complete the part-time course within 2 years. You need a minimum of 3 years to complete the course in part-time mode through B.Tech lateral entry.